Air Leakage Depressurization Testing
Air flowing in and out of a building can account for 30 percent to 50 percent of the heat loss.
With a blower door, Effective Building Engineering Ltd can quantify airflow and the resulting heat (or cooling) loss, pinpoint specific leaks, and determine when a building needs additional mechanical ventilation.
Building air tightness measurements are used for a variety of purposes including:
- documenting the construction airtightness of buildings;
- estimating natural infiltration rates in buildings; and,
- measuring and documenting the effectiveness of air-sealing activities by calculating air changes per hour (ACH) and equivalent leakage area (ELH) for the building.
Window Air & Water Leakage Testing-Blower Door
Effective Building Engineering Ltd provides on-site window air & water Performance Testing which is intended to satisfy the following:
- Perform “Air Infiltration and Exfiltration” testing on Exterior windows and doors installed as per the CSA A 440 & ASTM E 783.
- Perform “Water Penetration testing” on exterior windows and doors installed as part of the new construction as per CSA A 440 & ASTM E 1105.
- Confirm window performance ratings as per the CSA A440.